Community Roots Support Services provides clients referred by CLBC with a one-to-one Support Worker. We will help you in planning your own service and how you prefer to receive support; we do this through person-centered planning.
A highly skilled Support Worker will guide you through a planning process that is centered around your needs. This plan creates a full picture of your interests, abilities, desires, strengths, and goals. Once completed you will meet with the Support Worker in the comfort of your home or out in the community.
During meetings you and your Support Worker will work towards identified goals. Some examples of what a Support Worker could assist with are:
- Taking part in community events
- Going to the gym and/or hikes
- Helping to budget finances
- Application for recreational passes
- Preparation of important documents
- Meal planning and preparation
- Support with submitting tax documents
- Applying for educational programs
- Support with strategies to improve mental health and well being
- Help to find and secure affordable housing